TOP CONSULTANT SAYS OREGON IS PURPLE, NOT BLUE — AND WINNABLE
Join Faith and Freedom Founder, Dr. Ralph Reed, to find out why on August 31
He’s so convinced, he hired 40 door-knockers to distribute 200,000 Voter Guides
Dear Partner for Victory,
Imagine an Oregon that is Open for Business and offers True Freedom for families, schools and churches. No more masks, no more mandates, no more lockdowns. No more raging inflation or tyrannical bureaucrats breathing down your neck.
Sound like a pipe dream? Yes, it’s true, many Oregon conservatives have lost hope. Sadly, they’ve come to believe Oregon is a lost cause, a political basket case doomed to perpetual domination by Socialist Fanatics like Kate Brown. Some have fled the state, for perceived greener pastures.
But have Faith, Fellow Conservative, as Larry Kudlow says, “The Cavalry is Coming!” Don’t forget, only a decade ago the Oregon legislature was tied. Conservative activists outside the Party flipped 6 House seats for a 30-30 tie. Another 386 votes and it would have been a 15-15 tie in the Senate. Friends, in this political climate there’s absolutely no reason we can’t do it again NOW. Dr. Ralph Reed has printed 200,000 door-hangers for Oregon’s national races, but we need more to re-gain control of the state legislature.
In fact, there’s no reason we can’t do even better! Oregon Faith and Freedom Coalition (ORffc) is in business to supply the missing ingredient during the last decade of Conservative losses. The Far Left wins because 20 years ago they began building a direct voter contact database. Week after week, year after year they communicate with the Non-Affiliated Voter (NAVs) to create a bond of loyalty that pays off at election time. It’s like a machine. Party leaders come and go, but the unions are like a politial gyroscope keeping them on point.
We’ve got a strategy for Victory! ORffc is the political gyroscope that’s been missing on the Right for the past 10 years. Conservatives habitually rely too much on outmoded advertising such as last-minute TV, which yields only about 42% of the vote no matter how many millions they pump in. For the remaining months, we’ve got to pivot to a more relational approach to the NAVs — 60% of them lean conservative. For the past two years ORffc has methodically constructed just such a relational database to provide the missing margin of victory in winnable house and senate seats, governor, and 3 open Congressional races (CDs 4,5,6). What does that mean in practical terms? Three simple concepts:
1) Weekly contact: The “secret sauce,” is weekly contact with the neglected NAV voters in virtually all Oregon campaigns for the past decade. We won 6 House seats in 2010 with just 50,000 NAV voters — 70% are still in Oregon — in our computer. They’re ready for weekly contact via email, text, social media, digital townhalls, Shindigs, and auto-dial/live polling. Another 100,000 NAVs are being updated with registration and contact data. This can be self-sustaining via the $100 Oregon Political tax credit.
2) Reclaim our Base – Churches: We need a bigger cushion of registered voters and the quickest way to get it is the churches — But, 3 of 10 attendees aren’t registered; the rest vote only half the time. We’re about to mobilize nearly 1,000 volunteers to approach their pastors with ways to fix that. On September 2, we’ll turn 40 paid door-knockers loose with 200,000 door-hanger, voter guides in winnable state legislative races, open Congressional seats, and of course the governor’s race.
3) Voter ID & Turnout by auto-dial: We’ll use the voter “hot button” ID methods we used in 2010 to gain control in the state legislature and impact voters in the Carson for President race, nationwide. We’re also working with a new technology (IMEI#) to identify church attendees based on mobile phone and church address visited, then message them. These are some of the tools used to cultivate a relationship of trust with Non-Affiliated Voters and raise voter turnout by at least 4 to 8 percent.
As noted above, we’re supported by the consulting expertise of Dr. Ralph Reed, our national founder. Dr. Reed is a well-known national consultant with 30 years’ campaign success to his credit. He’s convinced Oregon is purple, based on our 40% NAV voter pool, which is 60% conservative.
The Wall Street Journal has called him “perhaps the finest political operative of his generation.”
He’s the author or editor of eight best-selling books.
His columns have appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and National Review.
All the pieces are in place, but we need your financial help to make it happen. Here’s the budget:
- $125,000 Winnable races: Analysts have developed the registration and support structure & strategy,
- $175,000 Weekly Voter Contact: Email, text, social media, voter guides, auto-dial to the 40% Non-Affiliated Voters,
- $ 30,000 Voter ID/GOTV: We’re cleaning up voter rolls and Get Out The Vote,
- $ 20,000 Community Relations: Presentations to, business, non-profit, and church groups,
- $ 10,000 Network Relations: Coordination with other PACs and PR messaging,
- $ 15,000 Voter Registration: Voter registration & education, especially in churches,
- $100,000 Fundraising: Major donor webinars, networking, and small donor phone banking,
- $ 21,250 Contingency.
- $496,250 TOTAL
To the best of our knowledge we’re the primary conservative coalition actively reviving the direct voter contact, relationship methods that were employed during the 2010 achievement. This repetitive, database, relationship-centric approach is how the Radical Left has been beating us. Please send your most generous donation today. Our families and businesses are at stake.
Some can give $1,000, others, $5,000, $10,000 or more. Any size gift is appreciated. Please send PAC and/or 501C3 contributions to: Oregon Faith And Freedom Coalition, PO Box 1545, Sherwood, OR 97140, or contribute online at www.OregonFaithandFreedom.org.
Yours for victory,
Marc Thielman, Executive Director & former candidate
www.OregonFaithandFreedom.org / 503-267-1092
WHY VICTORY IS POSSIBLE IN OREGON: OREGON IS PURPLE, NOT BLUE
Highlights of Recent Elections
2016 Election of Dennis Richardson to Secretary of State
2010 a 30 to 30 tie in the House and 300 votes short of tieing the Senate.
What happened in 2016? Did Richardson win or did a weak opponent lose?
What happened in 2010? How did Republicans accomplish this tie and near tie?
In 2010, Action Solutions (OFF Consultant), worked with the two caucus organizations
Conducted automated and live surveys to identify unaffiliated voters.
Purchased high quality lists for voters
Made 1,000,000 automated candidate calls and
Identified 50,000 conservative Unaffiliated voter
375,000 live phone calls to Get out the vote on behalf of candidates.
375,000 calls made by paid call center employees:
Messages about the shared hot button issues voters held with candidates.
Paid For By Oregon Faith and Freedom Coalition /
PAC ID# 15823