Political Action Tax Credits Explained

Oregon’s Political Tax Credit, What is it?

By contributing $50 to a conservative political action committee such as ours, you can make Oregon a better place – and it won’t cost you a dime.

Married, filing jointly? It’s $50 per person – so you and your spouse can donate $100 and get it all back!

One note: As of the 2017 tax year, the tax credit is only available to single adults with incomes under $100,000 and joint filers with income under $200,000.


How do you claim the $50 tax credit? You’ll find it on line 37 of Form 40, the long form. There are some limitations. Here’s what the state tax instructions say:

Political contribution credit. Fill in your total political contributions, but not more than $100 on a joint return or $50 on all others. You must have contributed money during [the calendar year] to any of the following:

– A political party.
– A qualified candidate (or the candidate’s principal campaign committee) for federal, state, or local office to be voted for in Oregon.
– A political action committee certified in Oregon.


So, basically any candidate or measure on the ballot in Oregon, any political party, or any political committee registered in Oregon. (But not a 501c3 nonprofit; those are deductible elsewhere.) More info from the state of Oregon.

One more thing: The Oregon Political Tax Credit is not a refundable credit. So, if your taxes are already zero, then you won’t get your $50 back.

Donate and help Oregon become a better, more conservative place to live! Thank you in advance for aligning with our important cause that benefits you and all our neighbors!


Please share! Video also available on our YouTube channel using short link: www.bit.ly/ortaxcredit